CALL FOR APPLICATIONS STRANIAK FELLOWSHIP – RESEARCH FELLOW FOR PROJECT ON VULNERABILITY AND CLIMATE-RELATED MOBILITY
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS STRANIAK FELLOWSHIP – RESEARCH FELLOW FOR PROJECT ON VULNERABILITY AND CLIMATE-RELATED MOBILITY funded by the Hermann and Marianne Straniak Foundation
Place: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights
Freyung 6, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Start: 3 February 2020 ideally
Duration and scope: 6 months full-time
Description of the project and tasks
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights (BIM) is offering a fellowship to support a research project on the concept of vulnerability in the context of human rights as well as a research project on climate change-related mobility. The fellow will join the Asylum, AntiDiscrimination and Diversity Department. The Department has extensive expertise in the fields of equality, non-discrimination, asylum, migration and climate-related forms of mobility.
The fellow will support the team working on the two above-mentioned projects, undertaking various activities such as:
• Research on different topics with regard to the concept of vulnerability as well as
climate change-related forms of mobility
• Analysis of academic literature, legal documents, policy documents as well as
• Support in field research
• Support in editing and reviewing texts for the website, research reports, articles, etc.
• Proven knowledge – through university studies and/or work experience – on human
• University degree, preferably in law or political science
• Excellent English skills (spoken and written), German language skills are an asset
• Ability to work independently and diligently, and to meet deadlines
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong drafting and communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Fellowship of € 1.000 (gross) per month
• Participation in a wide range of events and networks linked to the Ludwig Boltzmann
Institute of Human Rights in Vienna
Arrangements for visa, if applicable, and insurance need to be taken care of by the fellow. The health insurance can be either effected in Austria or in one’s home country, an accident insurance is obligatory (about € 20/month).
For further information on the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights see:
Interested persons are requested to send their CV and motivation letter in English to
Deadline for submission of applications: 15 November 2019
pro lidská práva
nám. Curieových 7
116 40 Praha 1
Prof. JUDr. Pavel Šturma, DrSc.
Tel.: +420 221 005 439
12. 05. 2021
v nové grafické úpravě.
United Nation Web TV:
Prof. Pavel Šturma přednáší svůj příspěvek na téma "Succession of States and State Responsibility":
Video o Radě Evropy
a právního státu: